Monday, September 19, 2011

There Is A First For Everything...

I have to admit...I haven't been the best at documenting all of Reagan's "firsts". I wish I was and I really am going to try and get better at it. Not that anyone reading this will probably be that interested in them and I doubt Reagan will ask,"When did I...". I just feel like it is something I should be documenting as a Mom. So what interesting first did I choose to document on the blog...Reagan using utensils to eat for the first time! That is, if you don't count the times she has taken the baby spoon away from me and put it in her mouth as I am trying to feed her. This was the first time she used a utensil her size on her own though! I probably should have given her utensils before now because she has become quite efficient at shoveling food in her mouth with her hands. Sometimes the food even gets into her mouth instead of on the floor, in her chair or all over her clothes! Using utensils seem to just slow her down though, and there isn't anything Reagan does slow! She uses the fork or spoon to take a few bites, but quickly realizes it takes time and some skill to get the food on the utensil and into her mouth (without the food falling off). I should also mention that Reagan doesn't have much patience ( a trait I am sure she got from her daddy :) ) so she quickly reverts back to using her hands when she gets frustrated by the utensil. Oh well, I'm sure she will figure it out eventually, and if not we'll be the family that you stare at when you are at the restaurant and say "I can't believe they let their daughter eat like that. Didn't they ever teach her manners!" We don't mind being your entertainment! I'll add a few pictures for your enjoyment. That is, if you were actually able to read this entire post that was really much too long to just be about Reagan learning to use utensils!!!



Yes, she is actually trying to use the fork!



Why use a fork, when your hands are easier and you can just hold the fork!



When all else fails...just eat like this!

3 comments:

momof4 said...

I love your pictures! You have such a cutie. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures as your daughter grows.

Don't worry, our almost 3 year old still loves to use her fingers on lots of foods that should be eaten with a spoon or a fork.

Amber Whitley said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! You need to move into your house so we can Skype and I can see my beautiful niece live! I miss you guys :)

(Oh, and your post wasn't too long)

Wild Reagan's Dad said...

I think we know where her patienceor lack there of comes from: