Monday, September 26, 2011

We've Been Exploring...

We've been spending most weekends since we got down here exploring what there is to do here in Cleveland. For starters, we've joined the YMCA which motivates John and I to actually exercise (surprisingly we have been going M-F) plus there are some fun things for Reagan to do there. We've spent the last couple Friday nights at open swim. It really is open swim, as we are typically almost the only people there. The less people that have to see us in our swimsuits the better I always say though! With that said, I'll post pictures of John and Reagan swimming! There are some benefits to being the one writing the blog and choosing the pictures.



Swimming with Daddy! She isn't to sure about being on her back!



She likes using the noodle!



Climbing out!

We've signed her up for swim lessons that start next week. We'll see how that goes because 30 minutes is a little past her tolerance of the water.

Also, the last two weekends, we've headed down to Chattanooga and hit up the Aquarium and the Children's Museum. We went to one each weekend because there is no way we are attempting to go to both places in the same day, unless we are in the mood for some serious crabbiness. Probably more so from me, than from Reagan! She is like the Energizer bunny!

Both places were really neat. We didn't have time to get through the whole aquarium before lunch time, but we did get passes so we are looking forward to heading down there again. As a side note, I have apparently been to this aquarium before as a kid, but like most of my childhood, I must have blocked it out because I don't remember ever going there! It was pretty dark inside the aquarium so we didn't get a whole lot of pictures, but I'll share a few we did take.


Checking out the butterfly exhibit with Mommy!


Looking at the butterflies that are about to hatch!

We momentarily considered leaving her in the shark cage! :)



Apparently they both forgot where I was and looked at some stranger to have their picture taken!

I'll save our visit to the Children's Museum for the next post. This one is already getting a little long, plus I don't want to use all my good stuff on one post :)

3 comments:

momof4 said...

Looks like you guys are getting settled. I bet it's fun to find new places to visit!

Go Reagan!! She looks like she loves the water.

CincyWorkin'Mama said...

glad you are getting some quality family time!

Theresa said...

That's a great picture of you and Reagan! I can't wait to hear how swimming lessons go.